miércoles, 6 de marzo de 2013

Doudou

This afternoon I could not resist when I went through the Roca Village center for things from home. Among the utensils for babies, they had the doudous. I bought several, specially for my sisters, but I never thought that I would buy one for my kids.

I will explain which is a doudou ... Doudou is a French word and our translation would be "rag company." It's like a child's favorite stuffed animal that has either since he is a baby. Many times, it is essential to sleep and can even calm the crying child.

The doudou, especially in the first few months, has a key role as transitional object between the mother and the rest of the world. It is very important to be impregnated with the smell of the mother so that baby will be  comfort when she is not around. Doudou texture fabric has to be preserved as well as the smell and can pick up with their hands.

We don't know very well the transfer of communication between mother and fetus. Our children have no mother, so we plan to bring to India a doudou, for our surrogate. When we will be in Catalonia again, we'll try having the doudous shared between us and babies, to make an adaptation. I know it has no scientific basis, but we will try to adapt to the situation as gay parents.

I hang a picture to give you an idea. Many children make the company doudou to 3 years, is taken to the nursery, and makes low the separation anxiety with their parents. I hope that it helps you!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario